K-5 Dress Code
Our Assumption Catholic School (ACS) system promotes the virtues of modesty and self-respect. Modesty is an attitude of humility that seeks to please God rather than man or self. It is characterized by restraint and self-control, and dignity in dress, speech, and actions. Student dress and personal grooming not only demonstrate respect for ourselves and others, but also reflect the seriousness with which young people approach all their efforts as students. With a goal of promoting a genuine Christian learning environment, the dress code outlined here will govern student dress.
Pants – Solid colored dark navy blue or khaki tan
- Must be cotton, poly-cotton, corduroy, or knit fabric
- Pants are to be worn at the waist.
- Pant hems may not touch the floor.
- Solid colored leggings, jeggings, yoga pants or solid color tights in white, navy blue, red, or khaki tan may be worn with dresses, skirts, or with shirts that are mid-thigh length or longer.
- Leggings, jeggings, or yoga pants must be dress code colors and worn with shirts that are mid-thigh or longer.
- NO denim, jeans, sweats, wind pants, or bibbed, baggy, or flared styles.
Shirts – Solid colored dark navy blue, royal blue, white or red
- Shirts must have at least a one-inch collar – polo shirt, turtleneck, mock turtleneck, or blouse.
- Shirts may be long or short-sleeved.
- NO sleeveless shirts unless shoulders are covered by school appropriate covering.
- Any logos on a shirt must be “smaller than a half dollar”.
Sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts or pullover fleece – solid colored navy blue, royal blue, red or white with WRACS, ACS or ROYALS/ASSUMPTION logos
- A dress code appropriate shirt must be worn under all sweatshirts.
Sweaters – Solid colored navy blue, royal blue, red, or white or WRACS/ACS logo
- A dress code appropriate shirt must be worn under all sweaters.
- Cardigan, V-neck, crewneck; long or short-sleeved are acceptable.
- Any logo other than ACS/WRACS logo must be “smaller than a half dollar”.
Skirts/Shorts/Skorts – Solid colored navy blue or khaki tan
- Skirts/Shorts/Skorts are to be worn at the waist (no athletic shorts or bibbed style).
- Skirts/Shorts/Skorts must be at the knee or no more than 3 inches from the top of the kneecap.
- Skirts/Shorts/skorts may be worn in August, September, October, April, May, and June of the school year (capris are permissible only in the months stated here)
Jumpers and Dresses – Solid colored navy blue or khaki tan
- Any logos on a jumper must be “smaller than a half dollar”.
- A dress code appropriate shirt must be worn under all jumpers.
- Sleeveless dresses need shoulders covered by school appropriate covering
- Must be no more than 3 inches from the top of the kneecap.
- Dress, casual and tennis shoes must be neat and clean.
- Tie shoes must be tied at all times.
- NO cowboy boots, flip-flops, clogs, Crocs, sandals without back straps, or heels beyond 1 inch.
- Black-soled shoes that leave marks on the floor may not be worn in school or gym class.
- Tennis shoes must be worn in gym class.
- Winter-wear should be conducive to the weather.
Socks – must be worn at all times
- Hats cannot be worn in the school building.
- Clothing, jewelry and/or grooming must not be distracting, potentially dangerous and/or disruptive to the learning environment.
- Females and males are allowed no more than one earring per ear (no clips).
- No coats or jackets may be worn during the school day.
Mass Day is Dress Code or better: Rules of modesty and good taste must be observed.
- Students may wish to keep a pair of dress code bottoms in their locker or backpack.
**The administrator reserves the right to interpret and apply the dress code. Then compliance is expected.